Posted to alt.home.repair
audioninja audioninja is offline

Default range hood replacement wiring question

First of all this is my first time posting in a Google group so I hope
I'm adding to the thread the correct way (reply, reply to author).

Anyway, thank you all so much for your quick suggestions. Let me clear
up a few things here. Terry as you assumed, I am in North America
(US).
There are already holes drilled for a plug because the microwave used
a plug, so that is all taken care of. I just need to wire it up.

"Two loose wires? No ground? Does that sound strange to anyone?
Didn't the unit come with a manual explaining how to connect the
power? "

There is a green ground wire connected to a screw, I'm sorry I forgot
to mention that.
And I believe the manual said something like "hook up to house
wiring".

"I think the easiest thing to do is put a cord on the hood and plug it
into
the outlet above"

John, I like that idea best. You said to make sure to connect the
ground to the hood, but wouldn't I be
doing this already by attaching a cord to it (as it has a black,
white, and green wire for ground I assumed)
What's a romex connector?

Here are some pictures.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t/DSCF2851.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t/DSCF2857.jpg