Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Voltage drop scenario/amperage question

Anthony wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in
:

He has suggested going to 6 ga. to run up to the shop
later, but that will probably involve running another line from the
pole.

He had a really good suggestion. Problem is, with the price of copper, it
may be the same money to just put a separate service in the shop.

Possibly, but a separate service in the shop will come with a separate
service charge each and every month forever. When I repowered my shop
which is also about a 100' run from my main panel, I ran 1/0 copper for
a 125A service. The copper prices were up then, but not as bad as now,
but it's still over with and not charging me every month.