michael

Default OT? Heavy Metal Stereo Speaker Project Pics

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 21:08:45 -0700, michael
calmly ranted:

I once had a pair of homebuilt speaker cabinets. Each with a 15" JBL in
the bottom, and a large green Altec horn above. Regret parting with
those.

Sounds like a familiar copy of an Altec Voice of the Theater speaker,
my favorite blood curdler. When each is run by a Phase Linear 700B
which has been bridged for mono output, they simply purr.

Basically, yes. I didn't have any exotic amp/preamp setup. As I type, I am
listening to some Steppenwolf, driven by the same Harmon Kardon 330 that
drove those speakers. It's an early one, with the script lettering on the
face, not the block letters, nor the 330A. That tuner is now about 35 years
young, knock on wood, still runs good.

michael