Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Thermostat question

In article 7bf6018feb653@uwe, "prestocat" u39478@uwe wrote:
Hello. I have 2 seperate furnaces, a wood burner and fuel oil, that are
controlled with 2 seperate thermostats. I was wondering if there are any
companies that sell a thermostat that can control both furnaces? I want to
be able to set the wood burner at 70 degrees, and the set the fuel oil at 67
degrees.

So set them like that. What's the problem?

That way if the wood burner runs out of wood or goes out, the fuel
oil will kick on and keep the house from getting too cold.

So set the thermostat for the fuel oil furnace at 67, and the thermostat for
the wood burner at 70. As long as the wood burner is keeping the temperature
at 70 (or, in fact, anywhere above 67), the oil furnace will never come on.

If there aren't
any companies that sell this type of thermostat, does anyone know if and how
you can modify a regular digital thermostat? If anyone can please help, I
would greatly appreciate it! TIA!!!!!

Why do you want to make this more complicated and expensive than it needs to
be? What do you expect to gain from having a single thermostat, that you don't
already have with two?

--
Regards,