Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- Computer Question

Bob Miller wrote:
I am looking to install multiboot software and ran across one called
"gag" from open source. This appears to be able to boot DOS, Windows,and
various LINUX operating systems. It also appears to be able to be
installed from any operating system.
OK, enough background.
Here is the question. Does anyone have any experience with this program?
Please be complete with good or bad reasons.

Although it is not free, VMware allows you to run several OS'es at the
SAME time!
I run Linux (verious old Mandrake versions, need to update) as the main
system, and run Win2K Pro as the "guest" system. It runs MUCH more
stably on a virtual system than on real hardware, and stays up for
months at a time. This allows you to switch back and forth in seconds,
move files from one system to the other with Samba networking, etc.
I have this setup both at home and on my desk at work.

Jon