Posted to rec.woodworking
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default Sharpening Saw Blades?

On Nov 26, 10:21 pm, "Rima Neas" wrote:
Where do folks send their table saw blades for sharpening? I sent my
Forrest blade back to them and they did a good job, but it wasn't exactly
cheap. Now I am wondering what to do with the Makita blade that came with
my chop saw... Does it even make sense to spend $40 to sharpen when you can
get a new blade for $60? Should I be looking for a local service (Nor Cal,
around Palo Alto) or does everyone just UPS their blades out?

Cheers, Shawn

There are a lot of shops who can do every bit as good a job on the
Forrest blades as Forrest does, when you run out of the sharpening
coupons they give you, look into them.
Most blades in the US run around 30 cents per tooth , some higher some
lower but a good stack seems to run about 30 cents when averaged
together.