Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Can I bake particle board at 350 F?

On Nov 29, 9:55 am, (J T) wrote:

Yep, it'll taste like crap. I've never tried it, but I suspect it could even catch on fire, same with plywood, or pine.

I dunno... maybe with some cheese dip...

I agree with the possibility of fire. Not to mention the smoke
aspect. When I finish a barbecue, I take oak chunks and stack them in
the cooker to preseason them. It will ride for several hours at 225 -
250, and every time the bottom row of chunks is really scorched/
burned.

At 350, I'd bet it wouldn't take much for it to catch fire. Then add
the fact that particle board has a great deal of resin (read:
plastic) in it, you could have a real mess in short order.

Robert