Posted to alt.home.repair

Default range hood replacement wiring question

"audioninja" wrote in message
I am replacing the microwave/range hood with a new ranghood(no
microwave).
The existing wiring in the cabinet above the stove is a two socket
outlet, and the wiring for the range hood are two loose wires.
What is needed to wire this properly?
Any help would be much appreciated.

I think the easiest thing to do is put a cord on the hood and plug it into
the outlet above. I think Home Depot sells small appliance cords with the
plug on them already. Make sure that you connect the ground wire to the
hood. You will probably need to drill a hole in the cabinet at the location
where the cord enters the hood knockout. Be sure to use a connector in the
knockout on the hood. A Romex connector should suffice.