Old Nick

Default OT? Heavy Metal Stereo Speaker Project Pics

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:30:32 -0700, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
.. .
snip-----

-Carl (who, once upon a time, had a pair of Klipsch LaScalas in the
living room)

They didn't come close to the performance of the JBL speakers.

Where? Speakers ain't speakers. Some stuff sounds good in one
situation, others in another.

FI, at a lower level, I recently acquired a "midi" system (insurance
replacement). It has a "subwoofer" (whatever that is, considering that
a "woofer" as I knew it went down below human hearing! hrmmphh!).
Basically, set up in the lounge it sounds ****. But crank it up and
step outside. hmmmmm...

Unfortunately, this means that the neighbours, most likely to object,
get the best version of what they do not want to hear.

Maybe we should all move next door! G

I once built a set of experimental boxes, using fairly loend stuff.
they boomed like crap inside, but watt for watt, wer hard to beat
outside.

More efficient = nastier in any enclosed environment and more
sensitive to driver quality/buildofbox? They alwys had problems with
bass-reflexx, and horn loaded. Built both. Both had their uses.

I can
understand why you no longer have them.

eeeuuuwh! G

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of
the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted
child would do this?"....the internet seems full of
them. It's very sad