Posted to rec.food.cooking,talk.origins,alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default OT Online hard drive

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 21:40:04 -0600, Sky
wrote:

Terry wrote:

Having a Gig of online hard drive space would be very useful.

URL snipped

The first use for me would be to store "My Documents". Use Winrar and
password the file then upload. No more backing up data.

Beware the data harvesters! No matter what, I'd never purposely store
any of my personal data 'online' if I can help it. Give me good old
floppies, CDs, DVDs, USB hard drives, whatever, but I won't store my
data online on any storage location I can't put my fingers on!

Beware, 'big brother' watches!

Sky, who says call me paranoid (NOT!) - only cautious!

I fully agree. I wont even use my real name and personal info on
those forms that seem all too common on many websites these days.

I dont see why it's all that hard to backup at home. I have not yet
bought one of those USB Harddrives, but I have several old hard drives
that cost me under $10. About every 3 months I just plug them in to
one of the spare ide cables and copy my whole computer to it. In
between, I copy important stuff to memory sticks or floppies. I also
tried CDs, but thats far too much work since the software I have is
not capable of chaining from disk to disk.