Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Need Advice re Fein MultiMaster

Joe wrote:

-snip-
Looks to me like a high priced Dremel, more of a craft tool than
serious home repair or remodel. I'd bet he'd get more use out of a air
compressor/ nail gun kit at the same price. Or a SawzAll. My nickel's

I thought it was just me. I've been a serious handyman for 35yrs
or so, and I thought the Fein series looked like another gimmicky
tool that goes in a drawer, and one by one you buy the tool that does
each individual job better.

I bought my first compressor last summer. . . . and have proved the
oft repeated phrase of 'once you have one you'll wonder how you ever
lived without it'. In 5 months I've nailed, painted, sandblasted,
ground, cut, cleaned or inflated with it at least a couple times a
week.

With the money you're spending on that Fein set you could get nice air
setup.[I bought a cheap $100 Harbor Freight compressor, and though it
does most jobs well enough, I'm looking at a 'real' compressor in the
future.]

OTOH- if he asked for the Fein, he probably has some ideas for it- so
get him the one he wants.g

Jim