Posted to alt.home.repair
C_L_R_D C_L_R_D is offline

Default Backyard Rink?

I know its not level but close... so that why the 2 * 10 s It is very very
wet here (clay) now ..I had planned on tilling it up and leveling it but now
I may be hauling in sand or fill. The site is a empty lot next to the house
lot.
CathyLee

"still just me" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:23:42 GMT, "C_L_R_D"
wrote:

We can have mild days followed by very cold weather and around here they
say
to use a tarp to pervent a wash out.??
CL

Unless your lot is unlike any I've ever been on, it's not even close
to level, no matter what it looks like. Do some site work first, see
how much it's off.

Once you have an idea of level, then you'll have an idea of how tall
the boards have to be to even get close. You need a few inches of ice
every where just to make it solid, so plan for that. After that, the
boards are need to contain the puck, so work up from there.

Plastic is definitely needed to reduce seepage unless your area never
warms until the season is over.