Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Method of rapidly centering regular shaped stock for turning

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:56:48 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

I have an idea. With the chuck on the lathe, you could mount the wood in
the jaws, and then bring the threaded center punch in from the rear to mark
it. This would require a really long Allen wrench or screw driver. It
would save the step of removing the chuck from the lathe.

Great Minds Think Alike...

Good point on the chuck, too.. I'd never used a metal chuck and had little idea
how it functioned compared to a wood lathe chuck..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing