Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Method of rapidly centering regular shaped stock for turning

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:39:32 -0800 (PST), Exbrat wrote:

Mac, Here's a link to some pics I've just uploaded
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/wa-woodturning-chat
Hope that gives you a better idea of what I was posting about.

I too have been using a plastic center marking tool for years. I hope
you'll agree that I've improved on that a little. Cost me nothing, not
even $3.00.

Exbrat

I guess I'm sort of confused as to use...
You replaced a center finder with a scroll chuck and pointed nipple?

There has to be something I'm missing here... this is for finding and marking
center for spindle turning, right?

If I am understanding this, couldn't you put the stock to be cantered in the
chuck and center punch it from the back of the chuck?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing