Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

Leon wrote:
"todd" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message
. net...

So all those cars burning E85 should be getting, what, 4 mpg? Give it up.

I don't know, that is a number you pulled out of your hat. I can assure
that alcohol does not improve nor maintain gas mileage.

I do know that those lighter weight E85 vehivles that I test drove with
smaller engines had EPA gas mileage estimates that were 10 to 15% less than
the vehivle that I bought with 25-30% more hp.

That sounds reasonable for 20% or so reduction compared to gasoline for
ethanol -- 85% * 0.8 + 15% * 1 == 0.83.