Posted to rec.woodworking
ROYNEU ROYNEU is offline

Default OT - Hi Boys and Girls I'm Back

On Nov 26, 11:18 pm, jo4hn wrote:
Help me remember was Paully the gent from Down Under (Australia). The
Jara King. He was the inventor of the term "Piney Wood" wasn't he? Has
he trully died? Or, just gone?

No. The Aussie gent is Phully who lives in western Australia and makes
fine (really fine) furniture for a living. Some of his Jarra stuff will
take your breath away.

I'm not sure where "piney wood" came from although Phully and Jim
McNamara (Jummy) had a long standing dialog. Jummy is a musician who
makes rather nice stuff from pine when he doesn't have a gig. Hence
pine became Jummywood. As an afterthought, I added the term Western or
Pacific Jummywood (doug fir) since that is what you buy at the borgs
here in lala land.

You might want to google Phully. He does have a website.

mahalo,
jo4hn

Thanks, John. Good to see your still here, too.

Yes, Phully.I believe I remember the story was that Jim had gone to
Australia and visted Phully. I believe bought some of his stuff. When
he got back Phully was playing with Jim about using that old piney
wood. I can't remember when the Jummywood began. It might have been
right around that same time. It's not all that important as to where
it came from but I really liked the play on words between the two of
them.

Roy