Carl Byrns

Default OT? Heavy Metal Stereo Speaker Project Pics

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:30:32 -0700, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
shouted from the rooftop:

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
.. .
snip-----

-Carl (who, once upon a time, had a pair of Klipsch LaScalas in the
living room)

They didn't come close to the performance of the JBL speakers. I can
understand why you no longer have them.

No, you can't.
I don't have them becausewWe sold that house with it's large, open
floor plan (LaScalas need _lots_ of room to sound good).

They are currently at my friends' house. He lives in the country and
we drag them (and his _other_ pair of LaScalas) outside during
barbeques. We have been visited by police officers who marveled at
the sound while asking us to turn it down.
JBL's aren't bad- I have built speakers from the Altec Lansing book of
plans and they worked quite well- but for serious sound reinforcement
the LaScala is hard to beat.

-Carl
"If you don't have enemies, you don't have character"-Paul Newman