Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Basement Remodel Code?

"Jeef" wrote
How do I get out of my bedroom? All I have are windows 30 feet off the
ground. This safety culture is making me ill.

Grin, you get a buy-off on older constuction and there are special rules for
2nd floor and above.

How much remodeling is your brother thinking of? That will narrow down
what's needed. BTW, being to 'code' is a big issue on house sales. I can
not technically sell my house as a 4BR because the 4th one is an enclosed
porch and isnt code spec for bedroom. Close but not quite. Issues are
insulation and window type (plexiglass single pane) as well as the floor has
to be raised 1 inch.