Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Method of rapidly centering regular shaped stock for turning

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:28:23 GMT, "Tom Dougall"
wrote:

Looks like a modification of the Robert Sorby steb centre.

IMO, it's just a way to have a drive center mount where my chuck screw goes, so
I can leave the chuck in the spindle.. just lazy.. ;-]

Tom
"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:45:34 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Or, they could just buy one of these.. lol

Mac, if you know of a supplier/manufacturer who stocks/makes such
chuck accessories covering the most common headstock spindle threads
please share your source. I personally haven't seen such an accessory
on the market. Of course one can get one's local machinist to knock
the accessory up at a price. All I was offering was the idea.

Exbrat

As I understood it, you wanted something to fit in your chuck, have a
point and
tap stock to mark it, right?
I still like the link I gave you for a wall mounted one, but how about
this:
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/lcentqc1.html
I have one ordered, but just because I'm tired of taking the chuck off the
spindle just to do a few minutes of work between centers...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing