Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning, rec.woodworking
[email protected] dicecollector@gmail.com is offline

Default Looking for advice for purchasing a wood lathe and tools

Thank you all for the helpful and friendly advice

I thought it would be best to actually do some work on the
machines ... so I went to Woodcraft ... of course ...

Didnt get to work with the Nova ... but the Powermatic with the DC
motor they have ... according to Woodcraft ... performs like the
DVR ... but is MUCH more stable ... and has a longer bet

So I tested the JET EVS and decided to go with this ... as I really
like the variable speed all the way down to 0

I just made the purchase ... now 2 weeks to wait for pickup at
Woodcraft

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5433

Thanks again to everyone