Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman Frank Drackman is offline

Default Sharpening Saw Blades?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news

"Rima Neas" wrote in message
et...
Where do folks send their table saw blades for sharpening? I sent my
Forrest blade back to them and they did a good job, but it wasn't exactly
cheap. Now I am wondering what to do with the Makita blade that came
with my chop saw... Does it even make sense to spend $40 to sharpen when
you can get a new blade for $60? Should I be looking for a local service
(Nor Cal, around Palo Alto) or does everyone just UPS their blades out?

Cheers, Shawn

http://www.ridgecarbidetool.com/

http://www.ridgecarbidetool.com/shar...fa4f50f0 6e42

A 40T blade is $13. I've had a few done and they came back cutting better
than new.

I agree. I send all of my blades to Ridge Carbide Tool.