Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement Remodel Code?

On Nov 26, 10:20�pm, wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:06:31 -0600, Jeef wrote:
My brother lives in Waukesha County, Wisc and told me he can't remodel
his basement without putting in an auxiliary exit. �I find this hard to
believe. �Can anyone confirm this?

TIA, J

Would a sprinkler system soften that rule? Your insurance company
might give you a discount that would pay for it in a couple years. I
put one in my Md house because I had a couple choke points near the
utilities that scared me. The parts were actually pretty cheap.

I dubt a sprinkler would help, and in any case getting out, and
firemen getting in is job one