Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Perkin Richard Perkin is offline

Default loft hatch

Sam wrote in
:

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:44:04 -0000, "DIY"
wrote:

If you use tongue and grove be aware that it may be heavier than
MDF
or a sheet of plywood.

I appreciate your point about weight; I don't want it hitting
anyone on the head.

I like plywood but it's not very pretty is it?

If you like both plywood and the 'look' of tongue and groove, then
the way to achieve this is to cover the plywood in the very thin (is
it 6mm or 8mm?) interior pine cladding that the DIY sheds sell. You
know the kind of stuff - popular in bathrooms a few years ago, or for
panelling below a dado rail.

Hope this helps

--
Richard Perkin
To email me, change the AT in the address below

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.