Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default loft hatch

Sam wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:44:04 -0000, "DIY"
wrote:

If you use tongue and grove be aware that it may be heavier than MDF
or a sheet of plywood.

I appreciate your point about weight; I don't want it hitting anyone
on the head.

I like plywood but it's not very pretty is it?

Someone mentioned blockboard but where can I get that? Do I have to go
to a timber merchant for it?

Thanks.

Yes. They usually sell it as 1/4 sheet if that's all you need. The edges
aren't very pretty either (worse than ply usually) but the combination
of light weight and taking screws well makes it the best option IMO.