Posted to alt.home.repair
Moses Moses is offline

Default Basement Remodel Code?

"Jeef" wrote in message
On 11/26/2007 5:26 PM, wrote:
On Nov 26, 6:06?pm, Jeef wrote:
My brother lives in Waukesha County, Wisc and told me he can't remodel
his basement without putting in an auxiliary exit. ?I find this hard to
believe. ?Can anyone confirm this?

TIA, J

very likely, for escape in a fire. thats what egreess ingress windows
are for. good news once you add the extra access space can be called a
bedroom.

this rule has spread across the US after so many died in basement
fires, Its a excellent rule

How do I get out of my bedroom? All I have are windows 30 feet off the
ground. This safety culture is making me ill.

You have basement bedroom windows, which are 30 feet off the ground?