Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman Leo Lichtman is offline

Default Method of rapidly centering regular shaped stock for turning

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:45:34 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Or, they could just buy one of these.. lol

Mac, if you know of a supplier/manufacturer who stocks/makes such
chuck accessories covering the most common headstock spindle threads
please share your source. I personally haven't seen such an accessory
on the market. Of course one can get one's local machinist to knock
the accessory up at a price. All I was offering was the idea.

Exbrat

As I understood it, you wanted something to fit in your chuck, have a
point and
tap stock to mark it, right?
(clip)I still like the link I gave you for a wall mounted one, but how
about this:
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/lcentqc1.html (clip)

Mac. was there a link to a wall mounted centering device? I'd like to look
at it, but I don't see the link.

Regardiong the center in this link, it looks to me like it must be held by
the closed jaws, so it would mark the work, but not center it. Am I seeing
it right?