Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default 'Boosting a' 110 V Electric grill - idea?

In article , (Don Klipstein) wrote:

And if the voltage across the plug of your grill according to a true RMS
voltmeter is above 125-126 volts or something close to that, I suspect 132
possibly but tops, then the UL listing of your grill does not apply, and
your fire insurance company can give you grief if they have to get
involved with anything related to this.

Yes, yes, we hear that all the time: the insurance won't pay off. Can you, or
anyone, cite even _one_ case of that actually happening?

--
Regards,