Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message

What, specifically, are the differences? Other than the style of
print and other cosmetic differences, I see absolutely no other
changes from the earliest to the latest in the combination
sets/pieces I have. Granted other than this one replacement, there
probably isn't one that's less than 10, but this was just last year
the jaw on one combo wrench failed (of course, it has some help in
that... ).

The wrenches I have are styled like the deep offset, but are not as
deep.

Looking on their web page, I found some deep offset wrenches
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...=dee p+offset

In my last half dozen trips to the store they did not have them.
Only
"bent" end, like this one
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...sName=Wrenches

I see, however, they offer them on the web. Either they are brought
back or
the local store did not carry them.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...sName=Wrenches

Of the five stores nearest me only one lists that particular wrench as
being in stock. On the other hand three out of the five list the set
as being in stock (one store doesn't have online inventory). If you
only need one, looking at the set will tell you if they're what you
need then you can order the one you want and if you have it delivered
to the store you save shipping.

I'll have to go back and look. I put off getting a couple of
replacements
because I did not like what was in the store.

Once you've got it up on the site, click the "pick up" button and
enter your zip code then "check availability" and the site will tell
you if it's in stock anywhere near you and if so where--that system is
not completely reliable--if the store's inventory is screwed up then
so is the online inventory--but it's usually right. Can save a trip
if it's not in the store and if there's more than one Sears near you
then it lets you go to the one that has it.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)