Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson Brian Henderson is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:22:11 GMT, Bob the Tomato
wrote:

I don't mind paying for quality. Once in a while I buy cheap, if it
passes the grade. But I will pass the junk every time. If there is a
quality tool available, I will buy it if I can.

Same here, but the point I was making is that quality and "made in the
USA" are not always the same thing. In fact, they are not usually the
same thing most of time. Where a product is made should be irrelevant
to what the quality of the product is. A toy made with lead paint is
dangerous whether it's made in China or Chicago. Far too many people
act like "Made in the USA" is a stamp of quality, not location.