Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Backyard Rink?

In article iPd2j.30455$Zn.9245@edtnps90,
"C_L_R_D" wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article J742j.3545$HH2.3345@edtnps82,
"C_L_R_D" wrote:

Anyone have any dos and don'ts before I start this project ?

I was given 50 yds poly tarp 12' wide.
I thought i would use a string level to level the soil and place the rink
over were I plant my garden.
2 by 10" treated 10 and 12' boards screwed with scrap pieces.

CathyLee

Huh? Are you talking about an ice skating rink? All we ever used for
that was a hose left on for a couple of days.

We can have mild days followed by very cold weather and around here they say
to use a tarp to pervent a wash out.??
CL

Ah, don't know about that then. When I was a kid it stayed below
freezing for four months, at least. At least three neighborhood yards
were made into ice rinks every year, including ours, without tarps or
boards.