Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Nov 25, 12:08 pm, "Bonehenge (B A R R Y)"
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:40:39 GMT, Bob the Tomato
wrote:

Do you know the "Harbor Freight Smell"? That's the smell of lead
paint mixed with cheap plasticizers, or something. Anyhow, it's very
distinctive, and Sears didn't have it until a couple of years ago.

Do I ever know that smell!

At the bicycle shop, we call that smell "L'essence de China". G

It's a mixture of paint, sea container "stank", plastic fumes, and the
sweat of children and forced labor.

Anytime we open a shipment from North America or Europe, the smell is
noticably missing.

That 'scent' makes me gag. I have posted to that topic before and
since then (not because of) I have noticed more and more people
complaining about it.
I'm looking for 4 tires for Angela's car, so I poked my head around
the corner at our local WalMart and FN lost my lunch. Tire stores used
to smell GOOD!

I tried a line of solid surface sinks (to be undermounted) made in
China. My distributor gave me a couple to play with. They were
actually well packaged, but a part of the package was a slab
of...mmm..whatshallIcallit...kinda particle board, sorta pressed
horse****,..but VERY stinky. An oily, ****y, vomity, college-bathroom-
pub-floor (so I been told). The $ 50.00 savings per sink didn't cut
it.

Bonehenge now, huh? Love it!