Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob the Tomato Bob the Tomato is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 13:14:12 GMT, "Bonehenge (B A R R Y)"
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:22:11 GMT, Bob the Tomato
wrote:

Sears used to mean quality... the
best.

While it was plenty "good enough", especially for the DIY world, I
don't think Sears was ever "The Best". In many cases, Sears was
simply the only game in town.

I mean "the best" in terms of what was readily available to the
average guy walking in off the street. I have never been to a snap-on
dealer, or ever purchased one of their tools, because we simply run in
different circles. I'm not a professional mechanic. (I'm talking
hand tools in this instance, although the same argument could be made
for hand held power tools, but probably not for heavy stationary
tools... since Sears really didn't try to get into that market.)