Posted to alt.home.repair
C_L_R_D C_L_R_D is offline

Default Backyard Rink?

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Nov 24, 8:22 pm, "C_L_R_D" wrote:
Anyone have any dos and don'ts before I start this project ?

I was given 50 yds poly tarp 12' wide.
I thought i would use a string level to level the soil and place the rink
over were I plant my garden.
2 by 10" treated 10 and 12' boards screwed with scrap pieces.

How permanent are you looking to make this? The 2x10's are overkill
in any event. If the soil is level 2x4s will be plenty deep. A water
level would work better for leveling the site. I'd also consider
using composite lumber instead of treated - it'd look better, wouldn't
splinter and there'd be no treated chemicals leaching into the soil
near you garden.

Not permanent as I want to garden there in the summer but have a rink there
every winter my son is 3 and can skate now. I thought 50' by 24' would be a
good size.

CL