Jim Levie

Default need fuel pump diaphragm material

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 12:13:41 -0500, Jon Elson wrote:

Hello, all,

I made my own fuel pump for my lawn tractor. (Long story,
1968 Wisconsin one-cyl engine, carb vibrated to bits,
poor fuel feed when on hills, etc. So, I put a Kei Hin
carb off a Honda 450 motorcycle engine on it, and it runs
great, but needs a head of fuel above carb.) So, I made
a little pump out of a floppy drive motor, eccentric,
rubber diaphragm, and valves made out of ball bearings,
springs and standard flare fittings.

Why not just fit a standard electric fuel pump?

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.