Posted to rec.woodworking
George Anderson George Anderson is offline

Default OT - Hi Boys and Girls I'm Back

Hi Roy

Can't say as I recall your name (not that that means anything) but I
remember all of the events that you have described.
Welcome back!
I can sympathize about certain contractors. My wife and I did all the
internal construction on our own house after we got some very frightning
quotes (many included above board and below board prices). It took us 2
years from start to finish (house only no landscaping) including the
birth of our first child. But at the end we were both exhausted from 12
to 16 hour days seven days a week as we both had full time jobs.
Ever wonder where Spokeshave went?
Just unloaded my latest purchase, a decent table saw, posted a pic of it
in the truck on A.B.P.W. under "The Beast".

George Anderson
Montreal Canada

Clear skies and good health

ROYNEU wrote:
Well, after a three year stint at trying to get a house built (Actual
build time 1 1/2 years and a contractor that couldn't finish the job).
A crashed computer with my restore disks stored somewhere in one of
two storage sheds. And no time anyway because I had to finish what a
crook contractor couldn't do at the price he said he could do it at. I
won't even go into how may underhanded low down drug taking people
I've met in the construction business. But, it's done to the point we
can live in it. Some cabinets & molding work still needs to be done.
But, Thanksgiving (of which we are very) and Christmas will be a real
celebration for us this year.

Some may remember me, some don't. But on Usenet nobody cares anyway.
I've been around since the internet was young. Before Al Gore claimed
there was one. I was here when El Guapo was the talk of the town. I
was here when JOAT was a 14 year old grummpy old man fresh on line
with WebTv. How ya doing JOAT man? Tom Watson are you still telling
your stories? I was here during the spammer attacks. But, it's good to
see many of you are still here. I have come back home.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Roy Neudecker