Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Problem with new Insignia TV

Andy Cuffe wrote:
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 16:00:12 GMT, mcp6453 wrote:

Regarding the suggestion to exchange the TV, if mine is defective,
exchanging it is a good option. If there is a design flaw in the TV,
exchanging only wastes my time to have to return the exchanged TV for a
refund.

Based on the manual, it looks like it can only receive stereo from
ATSC. I guess they want to cut costs on the analog reception. If it
could receive stereo, there would be a menu option for
stereo/mono/SAP. The only audio option in the menu applies to digital
TV signals.

Do yourself a favor and buy something a little better quality. These
no-name sets will cost more in the long run unless you get very lucky.
If price is that important, buy a used name brand TV.
Andy Cuffe

Andy, I think you've hit the nail on the head. Thanks for taking the
time to look at the manual. It still amazes me that a company could
produce such a piece of junk and yet no one blasts them on the company
web site. Until now.

I'll return it for a refund before January 31 and buy something else.
Maybe there will be some year end sales.