Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default OT- Small - Automatic - Generators...?

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:37:06 -0500, Kenneth
wrote:

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 07:53:15 -0800, mac davis
wrote:

We didn't do it, but the friend that went to the states for the generator was
figuring about $100 for the starter, battery and battery holder..
Another $10 for 50' of speaker wire and a door bell button for the "remote
start".. ;-]

mac

Hi Mac,

That is useful information, but as you would agree, the
capacity for a "remote start" is not the same as the
capacity for an "automatic start" (that is, a generator that
would start on its own in the event of an outage.)

All the best,

For sure.. I was just answering someone's question about my cheapie generator
having a starter housing on it..

As a matter of fact, I'm glad that we kept the generator mobile, as a friend is
borrowing right now until THEY get electricity..lol
We were pretty lucky.. we got power within 3 months of moving into the house..
some folks have been waiting for a year or more..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing