Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 21:06:27 GMT, Brian Henderson
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 12:09:52 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Uh, you missed their taking over the entire consumer electronics
industry.

Because the Japanese could make a better product for less money, why
shouldn't they take over the industry? They earned it!

The question you should be asking is why the U.S. completely wasted
their superiority.

I watched the transition in the quality of Japanese steel.. from tin can quality
to better than ours (US)..
One of the reasons is that the Japanese government underwrites research and
renovation..

Back maybe 10 or 15 years, I watched a documentary on the steel industry and
they were pointing out that Japan was tearing down it's oldest steel mill and
rebuilding it to be better and efficient... and that the newest steel mill in
the US was almost 100 years old...
Same thing happened to our auto industry... the Japanese did their homework and
found out what the American people wanted and made it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing