Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Coating poured concrete basement walls (pics)

I'm sure you have read this befo the proper cure is on the
outside of the building. It does appear that the moisture is
concentrated on a snap tie pattern which would imply that the snap
ties have extreme rust and/or the outside pockets were never
grouted. It would appear that your wall was not damp proofed and
certainly not water proofed on the outside. Do you know if you
have a perimeter drain? Have you made every effort to move
surface water away from the walls? These would include gutters
and downspouts with leaders that move water well away from the
walls (10 feet type); removal of plantings, shrubs, and flower
beds at the wall line; and surface drainage swales, area drains,
and/or storm provisions to divert water well away from the house.

I have no success or failure stories for your suggested products.
How were you planning to inject polyurethane in the holes, and how
were you going to remove the steel remnants? If you still want
to make the attempt from the inside, there is one product you
should consider: http://www.xypex.com/products/products.php

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Dante M. Catoni" wrote in message
http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc269/zulmira1/

I have a poured concrete foundation and I get a good amount of
moisture
coming through the walls. I believe much of it seeping through
the holes
where the forms were held together as can be seen in the photos;
there
are wet spots on the walls half way up every few feet. I plan on
using
polyurethane injection in the holes, but I'm not sure about what
to use
on the walls. They are currently covered with a stucco type
material on
two walls and a very smooth cement over the other two. Both
coatings
come off in sheets and can be broken by just pushing with one
finger. I
plan on removing all the coatings, wire brushing the cement and
cleaning
and etching with muriatic acid. Two products I have been
considering are
Quickrete Heavy-Duty Masonry Coating and Drylok. Does anyone
have any
first hand experience with these products? I searched for old
posts and
found that some people say they don't work, but I don't know if
they
prepared the surface correctly.

Thanks
Dante