Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Nov 24, 12:06 pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:
John Horner wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:

rolling eyes They have more than four times the population of
the
US in the same land area. They have trouble feeding all the people
they have. Further, they are not and have never been a Christian
nation or a nation that owes any part of its heritage to any
religion
that is part of the heritage of Christianity, so no, on no count is
it wrong for the Chinese to require women who have been so
irresponsible as to become pregnant in violation of the law and
common sense to have abortions.

I'm not a Christian either, so I don't see what that has to do with
this.

You must realize that not all laws are just, eh? Legalized slavery
in the US was never just, although it was legal.

So if you are not a Christian then what is your basis for the
allegation that abortion is wrong?

Why would one have to be a Christian to recognize that a life is being
taken by the act of abortion?

I picked up an elective (Sociology) for, what I thought, an easy
credit.
I found it incredibly fascinating, but didn't make a career out of it
I did latch on to a lot of really cool information which came out of
some studies.
In Papua New Guinea, they found several tribes (this would have been
in the 1950's) who had had zero exposure to western ideas, had no
exposure to Islam or any religion.
They did understand the concept of lying, stealing, murder all that
'wrong' stuff. The fact that they did it anyway had nothing to do with
the discovery. They knew it was wrong. They also knew to help somebody
was right.
So this whole 'murder-in-the-womb' concept would have even been wrong
to those in the jungle.
We KNOW what's right and wrong.
Different religions have merely capitalised on the fear aspect of
'wrong'...that somehow you can 'pay off' your sins, bribe your gods.
Fear moulding the masses....now where have I seen THAT demonstrated
lately......

oops...jumps off soap-box (made in ROC)