Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

FrozenNorth wrote:
dpb took a can of maroon spray paint on November 24, 2007 11:53 am
and wrote the following:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

... How many people are willing to spend $xxx more for brand D
knowing they have superior quality of a machine built by
experienced
craftsmen?

Not nearly enough, apparently...

That is the crux of the problem, the company has to move enough
product to cover overheads and show a bottom line. There isn't
enough people willing to spend extra for a quality product to
support
the facilities to create that quality. Unfortunately this extends
far beyond wood working tools, but to pretty much everything we need
in life, including a nice pair of warm socks.

If you can't find a nice pair of warm socks you aren't looking very
hard. My expedition weight Thorlos keep my feet nicely warm on my
motorcycle at highway speeds in New England winter weather.

/me steps down from personal soapbox

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)