Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth FrozenNorth is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

dpb took a can of maroon spray paint on November 24, 2007 11:53 am and wrote
the following:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

... How many people are willing to spend $xxx more for brand D
knowing they have superior quality of a machine built by experienced
craftsmen?

Not nearly enough, apparently...

That is the crux of the problem, the company has to move enough product to
cover overheads and show a bottom line. There isn't enough people willing
to spend extra for a quality product to support the facilities to create
that quality. Unfortunately this extends far beyond wood working tools,
but to pretty much everything we need in life, including a nice pair of
warm socks.

/me steps down from personal soapbox
--
Lits Slut #9