Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer steamer is offline

Default Your worst project?

--Well here's a link to some of my smaller mistakes:
http://www.nmpproducts.com/mistakes.htm
...but my biggest mistake was probably "Z-Key", a hex key that fits
in a tight place and has plenty of torque. Sounds like a good idea but after
I spent something like $20k on tooling I found I couldn't even give them
away. Sigh.
--Oh, and then there was that day in 1974 when, having recieved the
first stipend from my 10-years-dead father's estate, I drove my excellent
little VW beetle over to the Porsche dealer and swapped it for a 911-S. In
the ten years I owned that car the maintenance bills would have bought two
brand new beetles.
--Next boondoggle: I'm getting ready to build a weird car from the
ground up, with surplus parts (lesson #1: don't buy new if you can get it
used and in good condition!). If it doesn't work at least I won't be out too
much hard cash.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Whatever happened
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Tom Nelson?