Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Default Where to get 127 tooth change gear for SB 9?

wrote in article
Can anyone point me to possible sources for this critter?

Thanks,
DOC

I just read an article in one of the metalworking magazines I receive (Home
Shop Machinist - November/December 2007) that shows the use of a 32DP
127-tooth gear that drives another 32DP gear. On the same shaft as the
driven gear is a standard 16DP gear that allows the rest of the gear train
to be setup with the lathe's usual 16DP gears.

This allows for a smaller diameter, 32DP, 127-tooth gear to be used where a
16DP, 127-tooth gear might not fit well.