Posted to alt.home.repair
Dante M. Catoni[_2_] Dante M. Catoni[_2_] is offline

Default Coating poured concrete basement walls (pics)

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc269/zulmira1/

I have a poured concrete foundation and I get a good amount of moisture
coming through the walls. I believe much of it seeping through the holes
where the forms were held together as can be seen in the photos; there
are wet spots on the walls half way up every few feet. I plan on using
polyurethane injection in the holes, but I'm not sure about what to use
on the walls. They are currently covered with a stucco type material on
two walls and a very smooth cement over the other two. Both coatings
come off in sheets and can be broken by just pushing with one finger. I
plan on removing all the coatings, wire brushing the cement and cleaning
and etching with muriatic acid. Two products I have been considering are
Quickrete Heavy-Duty Masonry Coating and Drylok. Does anyone have any
first hand experience with these products? I searched for old posts and
found that some people say they don't work, but I don't know if they
prepared the surface correctly.

Thanks
Dante