Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Locksmith...

Huge wrote:
On 2007-11-19, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

He gave me a lock pick set & showed me how to pick a Yale type lock.
It's much, much harder than it looks, takes loads of practice to get
it 100%.

You're not wrong there. I have a set of picks and a book, but have
never managed to get even simple Yale style locks open.

I was buying a lock today at my local 'proper lock place, where they know
what they are on about, & charge less than B&Q'.

Asked the bloke how much they charge for picking a Yale type lock. £55 call
out. No labour, too quick to measure apparently, matter of minutes. They
have been around for 45 years + mind.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk