Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Very Bizarre House Mystery

Chris Lewis wrote:

I don't think it necessarily flew straight at all. It merely
needed to be oriented the right way at impact. Besides, given how
much the trim probably weighed, it'd fly relatively straight at least
for a while.

I don't think that a likely scenario at all -- not impossible, but
unlikely. Being light, if it got crossways to direction of travel, it
would flutter and slow down extremely quickly imo. What I'm now
suspecting is more likely is that it actually fell mostly given the
description of the upper story being added...