Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Very Bizarre House Mystery

According to :
Shaun Eli wrote:
First of all, I know that the photos weren't faked because I took
them. Obviously I can't prove to you that they're real... but a
police officer, a police detective and the village building inspector,
as well as my neighbors, did see the board sticking out of my wall.

It appears to me, because of the outward collapse of the inside wall and
the splinters of the shingle towards the outside, that the molding was
'placed' there from the inside of the house.

I don't see any shingle splinters. The drywall was clearly
"blown out" from _within_ the wall with the debris thrown into
the house. Notice how the paper was ripped and some of it hanging
- pushed towards the inside of the house.

Given the angle of the impact, and how near the inside floor it was,
it would have had to have been bent to insert it from inside the house,
and that amount of bending would almost undoubtably have broken the trim.
--
Chris Lewis,