Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O Greg O is offline

Default OT- Small - Automatic - Generators...?

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:43:48 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

I found it kind of interesting that our cheap ($500) 5.5 Coleman
generator has a casting on it for an optional starter...

But what does it end up costing once you've gotten the starter?

--

We didn't do it, but the friend that went to the states for the generator
was

Close, but not that easy! You would need a starter solenoid also. Then you
will need something to activate the manual choke, a couple more wires and a
small 12 volt solenoid. Plus a remote shut down of some sort, probably more
wires and a relay to short or break the ignition power. Before you know it
you will have a couple hundred dollars into a cobbled up control system.
Greg