Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Chris is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

Where to the rest of you sit with this question?

I think it's clear that there are two issues here. We all want to get the
lowest price & the highest quality. There's nothing wrong with that. If the
tools coming out of China were built to a high standard it may be the end of
the debate, but maybe not. The problem for me is the loss of American jobs,
I'm not talking flag waving & beating your chest, I'm talking bread &
butter, these people. our fellow countrymen & women need jobs that pay
decently. If manufacturing was being moved because American companies can't
make ends meet that's one thing, but we are talking about maximizing
profits, maybe even obscene profiteering by companies that want to claim
they are American but really don't give a damn about it. If China ever
becomes to expensive, they will find another workforce to use in Asia or
Cuba.